It's Monday which means it's time for our next DataLayer Conf video installment. This week, we'll hear about surviving failure with RabbitMQ from Lorna Jane Mitchell.
Just before lunch, Lorna Jane Mitchell took the stage. Lorna is a developer and author currently working at IBM Watson Data Platform who loves writing and speaking on a wide range of technical topics.She led us through several examples of RabbitMQ worst case scenarios and how to configure RabbitMQ to prepare for them. The goal is to anticipate failure and look to recovery options before a problem arises.
Previous DataLayer 2017 talks:
- Charity Majors' presentation on observability
- Ross Kukulinski's presentation on the state of containers
- Antonio Chavez's presentation on the why he left MongoDB
- Jonas Helfer's presentation on Joins across databases with GraphQL
- Joshua Drake's presenatation on PostgreSQL as the center of your data universe
Be sure to tell us what you think using hashtag #DataLayerConf and check back next Monday for the next talk at DataLayerConf.
We're in the planning stages for DataLayer 2018 right now so, if you have an idea for a talk, start fleshing that out. We'll have a CFP, followed by a blind submission review, and then select our speakers, who we'll fly to DataLayer to present. Sounds fun, right?